Spring Greens Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water or water
- 1 large handful spinach or kale
- ½ banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- dash of cinnamon
Blend and enjoy!
Pancakes with Rhubarb Compote
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat coconut oil on a skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mix on skillet and cook until lightly browned, flip over and cook until other side is lightly browned. Serve with Rhubarb compote, recipe below.
- 2 stalks of rhubarb, chopped
- 1 pint of strawberries, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Cook all ingredients over medium low heat until fruit is soft and jam like consistency about 15 minutes. Add a little water if necessary.
Spinach and Blueberry Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 pint organic blueberries
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or black lentils
- ½ cup sliced almonds
Right before serving, mix all ingredients in a bowl and dress.
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together and dress your salad.
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 cups water or veggie broth
- 1 garlic clove minced
Spicy Lemongrass and Garlic Sauce:
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (less or more depending on how much heat you like)
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh lemongrass
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1 package of Enoki or Shitake Mushrooms
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ bunch of asparagus, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ bunch kale, cut into ribbons
- 1 handful mung bean sprouts
Mix the rice, garlic and broth in a pot over high heat. When the broth comes to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and cover. Cook until all the liquid has been soaked in the rice about 45 minutes.
In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients for the spicy lemongrass sauce and simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors meld. Remove from heat.
In a wok or large pan with sides, heat coconut oil and add garlic, ginger and onions. Let simmer until brown. Add a little more oil if needed and toss in all of your veggies (except the sprouts). Give them a good mix and cover your pan so the veggies can steam. Steam for 5-10 minutes depending on how “al dente” you want your veggies.
Scoop a large spoonful of rice into a bowl; add a generous helping of veggies, a spoonful of spicy lemongrass sauce and then top with sprouts.