Ginger Toasted Millet with Blackberry Chia Sauce
- 3/4 cup millet
- ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Add the millet and spices and stir to coat. Cook for 5 – 10 minutes until toasted and popping a bit. Add the almond milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed and millet is tender. While cooking make the Blackberry Sauce.
Blackberry Chia Sauce
- 2 cups blackberries (if you can’t find blackberries, blueberries or raspberries also work well!)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
Simmer the blackberries in a saucepan over medium-low heat until juices start to release. Mash them on the side of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in chia seeds and lemon juice and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes so that the chia seeds can absorb the blackberries.
If you need more liquid, add a tablespoon of water a little at a time.
Note that sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Green Curry with Summer Veggies
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 zucchini
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
- 1 15oz can of unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of any type of greens, washed and cut (kale, bok choy, escarole, collards, turnip greens, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil and cilantro for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
In a large pot heat coconut oil and sauté onions until they are soft (about 6-8 minutes). Add the garlic and green curry paste. Add the vegetables, beans (or chicken), and coconut milk. Bring to simmer and add the vegetable stock. Simmer until the veggies are tender (about 10 minutes). Add the greens, then season with salt and pepper.
Serve with brown rice. Garnish with basil and cilantro
Farm Fresh Pasta Salad
- 2 packages of kelp noodles
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thinly
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil.
Sauté onion and garlic in a pan with ¼ cup olive oil for 5 minutes. While the onion and garlic are cooking, drain and rinse the kelp noodles. Then chop the noodles coarsely, so they easily separate. Add kelp noodles to the pan with the garlic and onion, along with the zucchini and yellow squash and sauté for 10 minutes. Add the lemon, remaining ¼ cup olive oil, and parsley. Add in chickpeas. Continue cooking until the kelp noodles have softened.
Mixed Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1 nectarine, chopped
- ½ cup cherries, pits and stems removed
- ½ cup or one pint of blueberries
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!