I’ve been fascinated with Stevia since my early days as an herbalist. It has only been since I have lived in the desert that I have begun growing my own. When I have visitors to the garden I like to pinch off a little piece of the plant for them to taste. They are always surprised at how sweet it is and sometimes they are surprised to find out it is a plant.
Watch this video where I share some tips about buying and using stevia. And check out the recipes below!
Spinach and Rice Noodles
4 ounces rice noodles
1 T tamari
2 t chili oil
1/8 t stevia powder
1 T sesame oil
2 T chopped garlic
1 t sea salt
1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach
- Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of warm water for 25 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Place the soy sauce, chili oil and stevia in a cup and stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and salt and stir-fry for a few seconds. Toss the spinach leaves into the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- When the spinach is about 2/3 reduced, add the rice noodles and stevia mixture. Continue to stir-fry for another 4 minutes or until the noodles are heated through.
- Transfer the spinach and noodles to a serving bowl. Enjoy hot or cold.